Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Montessori Children's Room Playground, Omaha, NE







A combination of DIY-ability and good design is rare....much as I love the 'designer' playgrounds I list on this blog, I have to acknowledge that specialized materials and construction methods may put them out of reach for smaller groups, less affluent communities, volunteers.

So that's why I was so pleased to find this site. There is nothing in this Montessori school playground that requires a crane or a cement truck or the services of an architect, nothing that can't be carried out by a church group or a community welfare organization or even parents with a modicum of skills.

Bravo!


I was unable to locate any information on the designer or installation date. Please enlighten me if you know.
UPDATE: Thanks to reader clowy for letting me know that this design is by Garden Groomers of Omaha. They don't appear to have a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment